5 Reasons to Consider BLIS K12® for Immune Health
May 10 2022
| Our Blog
| Stratum Nutrition
BLIS K12® is an advanced oral probiotic that helps maintain ear, nose, and throat health and supports our natural immune system defenses.* It features a robust research portfolio with over 30 years of published research, and it is safe and effective for children and adults.
Here are just 5 considerations for utilizing probiotics in new ways:
1. Supplementing with a probiotic that can colonize in the mouth and start benefiting there helps overall health and wellbeing. Bacteria exist throughout our body, and a primary entry point is the oral cavity – for good and bad. BLIS K12® is a specific strain of Streptococcus salivarius that was discovered in the mouth of an extremely healthy child, not susceptible to common ear and throat infections. BLIS K12® starts colonization in the mouth and can migrate into the throat and ear canal supporting oral, throat, and ear health.
2. Supplementing with probiotics like BLIS K12® can help to preserve a healthy mouth, throat and ears. Common upper respiratory infections are often caused by pathogenic bacteria. Otitis media (ear infection) and pharyngitis (sore throat) can be the result of pathogenic bacteria. Three published studies have shown supplementation with BLIS K12® probiotics may help against such bacteria (1).
3. Missing days of school and work costs both time and money. Otitis media, acute upper respiratory infection, acute pharyngitis, and Streptococcal sore throat are some of the reasons parents take their children to the pediatrician. While there is no need to prove this is a valid issue, should we remind you that it goes beyond the doctor visit for personal cost?
4. Our bodies need to restore a balanced microbiota after antibiotic use for bacterial infections. Antibiotics are intended to kill the pathogenic bacteria that cause infection in the body – but they do such a good job that they tend to kill more bacteria than is needed. Probiotic use following antibiotics helps to restore the natural balance of bacteria needed for our bodies to thrive healthfully.
5. Safe for children and adults in easy-to-consume formats. Probiotics come in many forms from tablets, powders, chewables, and even foods like yogurt and ice cream. There are tens of thousands of studies on probiotics showcasing the benefits and safety of use with all ages. With safe, convenient options for everyone, why not utilize probiotics for more than gut health?
Consider formulating your next product with BLIS K12®: https://www.stratumnutrition.com/ingredient/blis-k12.
1) Fiedler T, Riani C, Koczan D, Standar K, Kreikemeyer B and Podbielski A. (2013) Protective Mechanisms of Respiratory Tract Streptococci against Streptococcus pyogenes Biofilm Formation and Epithelial Cell Infection. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 79:1265-1276.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.